Datasets and description for the case assignments:
1. In this project, you are required estimate the demand for “economy” vehicles using the variables provided. The dependent variable is QE_Y and there are 11 independent variables (X1 to X11)
2. Identify the relationship between the dependent variable (Y) and each of the independent variables (X). For example, the relationship between variable QE_Y and variable PownL_X2 is positive. Economy vehicles and Luxury vehicles are substitute. If the rate of luxury vehicles (and PownL_X2) rises, the quantity demanded for economy vehicles (QE_Y) increases.
3. Using Excel or any other statistical software to run regression analysis and estimate the coefficients of each independent variable X. Your model should look like the following:
QE_Y = constant (or intercept) + a1X1+ a2X2+ a3X3+ a4X4+ a5X5+ a6X6+ a7X7+ a8X8+ a9X9+ a10X10+ a11X11+ a12X12
4. Compute elasticities for PownE_X1, PownL_X2, and pcomp_X3 for week 30.
5. What other factors besides price might be included in this equation? Do you foresee any difficulty in obtaining these additional data or incorporating them in the regression analysis?
6. What proportion of the variation in the dependent variable is explained by the independent variables in the equations?
Rent-A-Car: Description of the variables in the data set
Number of rental contracts initiated each week in the economy category
Average daily rate Rent-A-Car charged for its economy cars in a given week
Average daily rate Rent-A-Car charged for its luxury vehicles in a given week
Average daily rate of the only competitor across all vehicle categories
Binary variable with 1 indicating weeks when college is in session
Number of days in a week with severe weather
Number of unemployed workers in the county as of Tuesday each week
Number of flights (in- and outbound) serving the local airport that week
Total number of flights cancelled that week
Binary variable with 1 indicating weeks of national holidays (long weekends)
Number of major accidents that week
Amount spent on local advertising each week
Average age of our fleet measured in weeks
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more