1. Strategies of staying informed about current best available evidence
Promoting optimal patient outcomes require that a practitioner must stay current and informed about every new available evidence by taking advantage of every available opportunity. As a practice scholar, the strategies I would use to stay informed include;
· Joining a professional organization – there is a lot of networking in professional organizations including a vast amount of resources. These are essential to enable one gather enough knowledge of current available evidence. “Almost every specialty has a professional organization that can help you remain up-to-date on the latest changes in your practice” (Faust (2019). According to Faust (2019), professional organizations also grant one the opportunity to access conferences and webinars at discounted rates and get education on evidence-based practice.
· Completing webinar registrations – considering the growth in technology, webinars are also the best strategy of furthering one’s knowledge without having to travel. They are made of recorded or live events which are done by experts in different fields addressing a wide range of subject matters. They are a good source of information on current evidence. The added advantage is that the scholar can learn at the comfort of their professional practice or personal environment.
· Attending conferences – conferences are also the best places to get informed of the current available evidence. “Conferences are put together by professional organizations and other networks so that leading influencers can speak, share the latest advancements, and network” (Faust, 2019). Conferences provide a wealth of information on new advancements in your field and have speakers who are certified in the main topic.
Scholars can also use current technology by downloading and subscribing to apps such as “UpToDate”. One will always get notifications on any new developments.
2. Strategies of disseminating current best available evidence to those you lead
When disseminating current best available evidence as a leader, the best strategies include;
· Education outreach
· Academic detailing
The strategy should also include creating a plan, selecting the best methods of disseminating the evidence, and considering the people that you lead. As a leader it is important to have a plan before disseminating information, utilize the best techniques for the benefit of those you lead, and ensure your group is ready to accept the evidence. Munn et al., (2018) assert that it is also important for the leader to ensure that those they educate apply the evidence effectively.
3. Strategies to ensure the sustainability of evidence-based practice
Since the healthcare environment is growing more diverse and complex, it may be difficult to ensure sustainability of evidence-based practice. However, the strategies of adaptation and funding can help achieve sustainability. Adaptation is important to sustain and contribute to the standardization and fully development of the evidence-based intervention. When it comes to funding, most of the time sustainability is not achieved because of lack of enough funding of the practice. Ensuring enough funding of the starting from the reporting of the intervention and the steps followed in the practice. “Other sustainment strategies included organizational leader stakeholder prioritizing and supporting continued use” (Hailemariam et al., 2019). Leaders play a huge role in ensuring an intervention becomes sustainable in an organization.
Faust, T. (2019, April 2). How to stay current in your practice or specialty. Daily Nurse. https://dailynurse.com/how-to-stay-current-in-your-practice-or-specialty/ (Links to an external site.)
Hailemariam, M., Bustos, T., Montgomery, B., Barajas, R., Evans, L. B., & Drahota, A. (2019). Evidence-based intervention sustainability strategies: a systematic review. Implementation Science, 14(1), 1-12.
Munn, Z., Stern, C., Porritt, K., Lockwood, C., Aromataris, E., & Jordan, Z. (2018). Evidence transfer: ensuring end users are aware of, have access to, and understand the evidence. International journal of evidence-based healthcare, 16(2), 83-89.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more