You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of study.The Human Resources Department arranges an inteview and tells you to bring with you a polished piece of writing for them to evaluate your writing skills.The paragraph must describe one particular experience you’ve had that inspired you or guided you to choose the type of position for which you applied.
Your audience is your potential employer and your purpose is to show you have thought carefully about what and/or who has motivated you toward this career choice and why.
In addition,you wantto convey your enthusiasm for this position as it relates to your inspiring experience.Take time to think about what your audience wants to know and strive to reach a balance between informal and formal business writing.
1.Prewrite about your field of study and create a specific job for which you might want to apply at a particular business or organization in your area.Outline what that position would look like.Brainstorm details,names,titles,and facts to provide depth to your paragraph and enable you to write a polished paragraph.
2. Freewrite about the different experiences you’ve had that motivated you to choose your area of study.Pick one on which to focus-one that triggers sparks of enthusiasm.Review your prewriting and choose what’s most pertinent to the experience and position.Decide on an organizational pattern, such as a chronological outline,and arrange those details into a logical,coherent flow.
3.Open a Word document and type the heading Paragraph 1.Begin your rough draft with the topic sentence,in which you state the position and place,as well as your reason for wanting to be hired as it relates to your inspiring experience.Develop the experience you organized in step 2.Include not only details about the one experience,but also show how that experience inspired you,particulary as it relates the position for which you’re applying.Develop your paragraph using clear,varied sentences containing concrete words and transitions or connectives to create a logical flow.
Show enthusiasm,yet maintain a somewhat formal tone.
4. Save the document using your name,student number,and exam number.Do not try to revise or proofread this paragraph yet, but begin work on the next paragraph.
Your favourite cousin has moved to your town and is looking for a job.Her previous experiences are working as a cashier and sales clerk at two department stores.You know she plans to apply at similar stores in your town.But also know she is perfect match for a job opening as a reliable assistant to you boss.You know she has the skill,though she doesn’t think she is as capable as she is,and you’re sure she’d be good at this job.
Your goal is to persuade your cousin to apply for the job.You e-mail her a paragraph explaning the specifics of the job and the reasons she should apply.You want to convince her that she has the job skills required.You’ll use an informal tone,of course,but will take care to use correct business writing to show her that you take your recommendation seriously.
1. Using your imagination,create the kind of skill the job as boss’s assistant requires.Make up names for your boss and the company,as well as any facts that might help you prove your case to your cousin.Freewrite about skills you’ve seen her show in other settings and about how you can convince her to use those abilities in this position.In addition, consider personality traits that show she would work well with your boss.Also make up details and figures about how this job will benefit your cousin personaly and professionally.
2.Circle the information your cousin most needs to hear to be persuaded to apply for this job.You won’t be able to use everything you made up.Organize the details and explanation using an order of importance pattern.
3. Open the Word document containing your draft of Paragraph 1 and begin a new page.Type the heading Paragraph 2 and draft your 8-12 sentence paragraph.Begin with the topic sentence,in which you establish your confidence in your cousin and spark her interest in applying for this job.Develop your paragraph using clear, varied sentences and concrete words with transitions or connectives that create a logical flow.Use the information you’ve identified as most important and make your paragraph as persuasive as possible.
4. Set aside this draft for a few days while you return to the first paragraph,revising it according to the following instructions.Once you’ve revised Paragraph 1 into a polished product,do the same with Paragraph 2.
Revising,Editing and Proofreading
1. Print a clear copy of the rough drafts.First identify the topic sentence.Although you’ve learned that in some paragraphs the main idea is understood,your assignment for each paragraph reqiures you to establish your
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more