Exam: 186081RR – PRINT-READING SYMBOLS AND ABBREVIATIONS
1. When a print needs more information, a table called a _______ shows details about doors, windows, plumbing and electrical sizes, and model numbers.
B. ladder diagram
2. The most common thread type used today for nuts, bolts, and screws is the _______, which uses V-shaped grooves.
A. Modified Worm
B. Unified National
C. ACME thread
D. Sharp V thread
3. Prints for electrically controlled hydraulic systems are divided by function. One print is for the fluid-control system, and a
(n) _______ is for the electrical wiring.
A. output device
B. flow configuration
C. ladder diagram
D. variable displacement print
4. A(n) _______ included in a set of prints cuts the building horizontally, showing heating equipment, doors and windows,
and room sizes.
A. plan view
B. ladder diagram
C. site plan
D. orthographic projection
5. A bolt on a print is listed as a
–32 without any additional abbreviations. What extra abbreviations would the bolt most
6. Referring to the figure above, the identification 24″ O.C. refers to
A. 24 inches of the referenced component must be coated with metal oxide.
B. the type of steel girders to be used.
C. the reference features being spaced 24 inches between their center points.
D. the original width of the referenced component.
7. A site plan indicates water lines as
A. lines made from a series of long dashes followed by two short dashes.
B. lines made of short dashed lines.
C. a solid line with the letter W spaced periodically in the line.
D. a solid line marked H2O.
8. On a site plan for a building layout, surveyors have established an elevation mark on a print that reads REF 596.656 BM. In this case, BM most likely means
A. a geographic marker on the site.
B. a bill of materials.
C. the elevation of the top of a roof.
D. a reference to a surveyor’s benchmark.
9. Pressurized reservoirs that provide fluid to hydraulic equipment circuits are called
A. output actuators.
B. confined pistons.
C. pneumatic pools.
10. The horizontal line used in basic welding symbols is called a _______ line.
11. To get a smoother surface finish, use a(n) _______ RMS number next to the machining symbol.
12. The most common thread type used for most fastener applications are _______ threads.
A. common class
B. class 1
C. class 2
D. Class 3
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more