Discuss the importance of culture and how cultural differences may contribute to global management challenges, as illustrated in the Chapter 4 opening-discussion case, “The Cultural Roots of Toyota’s Quality Crisis.” Please post your Discussion based on the following questions:
1) What dimensions contribute to the differences between how Americans and Japanese workers address management problems, including operational or product flaws?
2) What are some ways that Japanese culture may affect operational excellence in a positive way? How might it hurt quality, especially when things go wrong?
3) How could managers from Japan or other Asian cultures adopt practices from U.S. and European cultures when investing in those regions?
LP2.1 Assignment: Managing Across Cultures
This assignment assesses Competency 2: Interpret the meanings and dimensions of national cultures.
Consider and explain the strategies for managing across cultures facing Haier, when referring to the “Internet Exercise: Haier’s Approach” on page 171 in the textbook. Complete this assignment by answering the following questions:
1) What type of cultural challenges does Haier face when it attempts to market its products worldwide? Is demand universal for all these offerings, or is there a “national responsiveness” challenge, as described in the chapter, that must be addressed?
2) Investigate the way in which Haier has adapted its products in different countries and regions, especially emerging markets. What are some examples?
3) In managing its far-flung enterprise, what are two cultural challenges that the company is likely to face and what will it need to do to respond to these?
Write a one to two page paper summarizing your findings. The written summary should be double-spaced using 12-point Times New Roman font. You will need to cite your sources of information (at least three) at the end of your paper. Though the paper need not be in APA format, the citations at the end do. One of those three citations may be from the Luthans and Doh textbook, and one citation may come from an online website. However, at least one of these three citations should be from the NAU Online Library. You will need to conduct independent research using the Business Databases Subject Guide on the NAU Online Library.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP2.1 Assignment: Managing Across Cultures.” This assignment is worth 75 points and will be graded according to the following scoring guide
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more