Data Tables and Post-Lab Questions
Table 7: Water Displacement per Potato Sample
1. How did the physical characteristics of the potato vary before and after the experiment? Did it vary by potato type?
2. What does the net change in the potato sample indicate?
3. Different types of potatoes have varying natural sugar concentrations. Explain how this may influence the water potential of each type of potato.
4. Based on the data from this experiment, hypothesize which potato has the highest natural sugar concentration. Explain your reasoning.
5. Did water flow in or out of the plant cells (potato cells) in each of the samples examined? How do you know this?
6. Would this experiment work with other plant cells? What about with animal cells? Why or why not?
7. From what you know of tonicity, what can you say about the plant cells and the solutions in the test tubes?
8. What do your results show about the concentration of the cytoplasm in the potato cells at the start of the experiment?
9. If the potato is allowed to dehydrate by sitting in open air, would the potato cells be more likely to absorb more or less water? Explain.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more